Why should you read this document?
During the course of dealing with us, we will ask you to provide us with detailed personal information relating to your health and family health history (Your Personal Data). This document is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data.
What do we mean by “Your Personal Data”?
Your Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example, your name, address, date of birth. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your physical and mental health history, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
Your Personal Data may include:
- Title, name, date of birth, gender, nationality, contact details and address.
- Health status and history, details of treatment and prognosis, medical reports (further details are provided below specifically with regard to the processing we may undertake in relation to this type of information)
The basis upon which our firm will deal with Your Personal Data
On occasion, we will use Your Personal Data for contractual responsibilities we may owe to the Lancashire League.
The basis upon which we will process certain parts of Your Personal Data
We ask you information about your ethnic origin, your health and medical history (Your Special Data). We will record and store Your Special Data in order to know the specifics of any medical conditions.
If you have parental responsibility for children under the age of 13, it is also very likely that we will record information on our systems that relate to those children and potentially, to their Special Data.
How do we collect Your Personal Data?
We will collect and record Your Personal Data from the information you have given you.
What happens to Your Personal Data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
- Record and store Your Personal Data in our paper files and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by the relevant individuals within the club and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with this.
Sharing Your Personal Data
From time to time Your Personal Data will be shared with:
- Third parties (Lancashire League) who we believe will be able to assist us with your registration.
In each case, Your Personal Data will only be shared for the purposes set out in this Customer Privacy Notice.
Please note that this sharing of Your Personal Data does not entitle such third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages: it is shared to ensure we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Customer Privacy Notice.
Security and retention of Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when providing this information to us.
Your Personal Data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years, or in instances whereby we have legal right to such information we will retain records indefinitely.
Your rights in relation to Your Personal Data
- request copies of Your Personal Data that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
How to make contact with our Firm in relation to the use of Your Personal Data
If you have any questions or comments about this document or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact:
Stephen Wright (Secretary). 14 Hayle Road, Oldham, OL1 4NW. Telephone 07502207118
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action it in a different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK\’s data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner\’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.